Get Creative

Something I have decided to do next year and actually put it into my schedule, is to dedicate 5 hours a week to recycle and hand make things. There are so many gorgeous fabrics out there, so much stuff we throw out that we could reuse and so many things I just want my kids to have but seem to always be out of my price range.. my answer.. just make the things yourself!!

One of my favourite toys, which I still remember to this day, was a little basinette my mum made me from an old shoe box. She covered in wrapping paper and attached a couple of handles to it so I could carry my doll around everywhere with me. I just loved it so much that it travelled with us all the way from Austria to Australia.

The website that has inspired me to start creating is www.etsy.com. This is seriously the best site ever... an ebay style site for all things handmade and supplies to hand-make your own things.

If you know of any other great sites that either sell supplies, reasonably priced fabric, patterns or have some great ideas for recycling, I would love to hear about them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a little comment...
have a beautiful day..

kasia