happy trails...

OK.. here I go.. this is the year..

Two years ago a friend of mine asked me if I would be interested in doing the Trailblazer Challenge with her.. I was so incredibly enthusiastic and said 'yes' straight away. I went out and got new walking shoes, started walking with Ella in the pram and was so set to walk 50km...

Then as my family does.. it threw not one, but a few curve balls.. My grandma who lived in Poland passed away and I was determined to see my grandpa while I had the chance. I took off on an adventure to Europe with just my little 18 month old girl (at that stage). That was a challenge in itself, but I ticked off a few things I needed to do which was fantastic.

We had started trying for another bub just before all this happened and taaadaaa.. I realised I was pregnant while overseas.. Ella was really sick while we were over there too, so by the time I came back, the walk was just not going to happen for me... all our family lived overseas in one country or another at that stage and being pregnant with no support there was just no way I could pull it off..

I rang my friend when I returned and told her that I can't do it this time around, but to please remember me in the future.. so this year she did, and again I said 'yes'.. so here I am about to embark on an adventure like no other adventure I have ever taken on before... the back 50 of the trailblazer challenge..

If you know me personally, you'll know that I'm seriously not the fittest person in the world. I don't even exercise regularly.. or at all really. My family always comes first and I always come last, meaning there rarely is any time left for such extravagance as exercise. I'm not adverse to the idea, it just doesn't fit it.. so this really is going to be a challenge for me.

I am doing the first training walk tonight.. yes.. walking in the bush at night, in the dark.. So wish me luck.. think of me while you are sitting in front of the heater, even if its just to amuse yourself :o)

Will let you know how sore I feel soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a little comment...
have a beautiful day..

kasia