the mum test

This email goes around and around and I always seem to receive it when I need a bit of a laugh... and I got it again today, so thought I would share it...


The Mum Test

I was out walking with my 4-year-old daughter.  She picked up something off of the ground and started to put it in her mouth. 

I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. 

'Why?' my daughter asked. 

'Because it's been on the ground; you don't know where it's been, it's dirty, And probably has germs,' I replied. 

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, 'Mum, how do you know all this stuff?  You are so  smart.' 

I was thinking quickly and replied, 'All mums know this stuff.  It's on the Mum Test. You have to know it or they don't let you be a Mum.' 

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information. 

'Oh ...... I get it!' she beamed, 'So if you don't pass the test you have to be the dad.' 

'Exactly,' I replied with a big smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving a little comment...
have a beautiful day..

kasia